Get to know the blogger: About me

Ciao, sono io! 

For those who don't know, my name is Ally Ortolani. O in italiano, mi chiamo Ally Ortolani. 

For starters, I am currently a fourth-year student majoring in journalism with a minor in Italian studies at High Point University. Upon graduating in May 2021, I hope to work in the communications field prior to attending law school.

I also work as an Italian tutor for HPU students, serve as the Opinion Editor for the Campus Chronicle, and I am also a member of Zeta Tau Alpha. 

But enough with the formalities. 

For as long as I can remember, I have always had a passion for writing. Whether it was writing creatively or for class-related purposes, I always knew I loved writing. Unrelated to writing, but I have a huge obsession with creating charcuterie boards, debating politics and speaking Italian...all at the same time. I'm kidding, but I do love all of the above. 

In October 2018, I was awarded the NIAF On-Campus Fellowship to help preserve and promote Italian-American heritage and culture.

While this blog will be primarily used to showcase my work -- and not my love for expensive cheeses --from JOU 1300: Never Stay Silent, I still intend to use my creative voice to speak on prevalent issues pertaining to the journalism realm.

Yours truly,

Ally

Comments